So, I take any chance I can get to spiff up. While I agree that good food is paramount, beautiful surroundings add to the entire dining experience for me. Galatoire's "33" Galatoires Restaurant. fare assisted by attentive service. Lunch was less formal and we had on a collared shirt and dark jeans with dark running shoes. take in new information. I bragged to her about what a great restaurant Galatoires was. Staff very attentive. Galatoire's Cajun / Creole Restaurant, French Restaurant, and Speakeasy $$$ $ French Quarter, New Orleans Save Share Tips 101 Photos 359 Menu 7.6/ 10 329 ratings Ranked #6 for steak in French Quarter Has a stamp of approval from Food Network and Epicurious "feast of Creole classics with oysters Rockefeller covered in a lava" (9 Tips) Definitely will be back! Only when it occurs outside the normal context is it 23. actually noticed. It has been nearly 40 years since I had eaten at Galatoires and I could not wait to have their trout meunireI was not disappointed. The staff were friendly, but it's definitely a restaurant that remains open due to it's name, not it's food. As expected the service and food was exceptional. Galatoire is very lively and a bit noisy. Galatoire is very lively and a bit noisy. The staff is super helpful and attentive and the food, while old school, is solid. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Saturday night will be a long line most likely. I desperately wanted to entertain friends at Galatoires for lunch on a Friday and it all went horribly wrong. Overall an OK place but certainly not what it once might have been. Any fish dish is a good choice! Additional Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking, Private Room, Wine ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-35916086', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Galatoire's has a new chef but the food is still outstanding. Apparently, I do not like half-cooked oysters. The grand dame of New Orleans' old-line restaurants, Galatoire's has remained committed to culinary excellence for more than a century. Unfortunately, we both were totally disappointed in the food and service. The executive chef, as of September 2018, is Phillip Lopez.[5]. Nice flavor.Redfish to finish. It was a very nice evening. Never had less than an excellent meal here. Galatoire's "33" Bar & Steak 215 Bourbon Street New Orleans, LA 70130 Phone 504.335.3932 Contact Form Restaurant Galatoire's Restaurant Galatoire's 33 Bar & Steak Send Message In 2005, a second restaurant, Galatoire's Bistro, opened just off Interstate-10 on the southern fringe of Baton Rouge. The waiter was a veteran of many years and took pride in the food and his attention to us. Own or manage this property? Wednesday Saturday 11:30 a.m. 9 p.m. have eaten at all the really fine dining restaurants, and this and Brennans are tops. The lady should not have been allowed in, regardless of age or who she was. Wine List. Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday; 12:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm. But the food is excellent and they have a very good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants we visited. We research far in advance. We read several books and cookbooks on the history and recipes of this restaurant. Ask AnnWestVancouver about Galatoire's Restaurant, Ask Biggerunn about Galatoire's Restaurant. It is often said that the beauty of Galatoires is that things never change. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The pecan bourbon pie. Our first thought was that steak is not what you should order at Galatoires, but then we thought no, every dish should be good, no excuses. No need to be back though. I had the shrimp touffe and thought it was great. Decent portion. We were overall disappointed by Galatoire's. The food was great. Those regulars expect formality in the dress of their fellow diners. Galatoire's dress code is business casual for lunch. With a variety of private dining spaces featuring balconies overlooking Bourbon Street, Galatoire's is the perfect place for holiday parties, cocktail receptions and private events of all sizes. Maybe was once great, but now past its prime. The first floor dining room of Galatoire's. Just nothing to write home about. You can order drinks. Try it all, the appetizer sampler was worth every tasty calorie. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. Galatoire's Restaurant 209 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2204 (French Quarter) +1 504-525-2021 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #232 of 1,908 Restaurants in New Orleans 2,165 Reviews Price range: $30 - $80 Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French More restaurant details LCHanley Baton Rouge, Louisiana 15 14 Reviewed May 30, 2015 A great restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthdayprofessional, nice waiter, excellent food. Map updates are paused. Restaurant Employment Policies Small Business Chroncom. They have loner jackets and blazers for gentlemen who wish to have dinner after 5 PM. The personel is nice and have eaten at all the really fine dining restaurants, and this and Brennans are tops. I am surprising her by taking her to New Orleans. Upon arrival of our reservation the gentleman attending the door looked us up and down and said we have a strict dress code and sir, your shorts are not acceptable. The menu has some create options. Given your info, I think that will work. They do not take reservations. The noise level here is always high, but it is mostly locals celebrating something, a birthday, an anniversary, or just being with friends. I agree with you, we see some real slobs at some of the finer restaurants anymore. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Under the guidance of the fourth generation of family ownership, it is her time-honored customs that still bind this renowned restaurant. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Everyone was on point tonight. have eaten at all the really fine dining restaurants, and this and Brennans are tops. With more locals than tourists dining there, I felt a part of the real New Orleans. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Get menu, photos and location information for Galatoire's 33 Bar and Steak in New Orleans, LA. Galatoire's ; Galatoire's 33 Bar & Steak. 215 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130. Dining Room. They need better chefs and waiters. They need better chefs and waiters. Dine with Us Meet the Team Galatoire's Restaurant 209 Bourbon Street New Orleans, LA 70130 Phone 504.525.2021 Fax 504.525.5900 Contact Form This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The food was delicious and we could not complain. Wife liked her meal. Living off its past glory.Got there at 9:30 for last seating and there were few occupied tables, so maybe that had something to do with it. Galatoire's Restaurant: Great experience - See 2,169 traveller reviews, 469 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. While that Galatoire's afternoon vacation is now by-demand, it's not the only surprising restaurant about-face. I love this place. Food was good, by not amazing. Women: Put on a skirt, khakis, or dress pants paired with long sleeve or three-quarter sleeve tops. 215 Bourbon Street New Orleans LA 70130 504.335.3932. facebook twitter instagram email. This restaurant has not received enough recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. We try to come here a couple times a month for lunch or dinner. Turtle soup was the only good part of the meal. We ordered dessert and my bread pudding was amazing. Food and service was spot on. [1] 209 Bourbon Street New Orleans LA 70130 504.525.2021. facebook twitter instagram email. Please note, we are closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Christmas Day, Mardi Gras Day and the entire 4th of July week unless otherwise noted. Ironically, we stood in line for Friday lunch during the early weeks of Mardi Gras on our last visit and were next to be seated when seating was halted. No shorts or t-shirts. Our appetizers and soups were excellent. When I go out for dinner that time of year it's a dress, stockings, jewelery and pumps. We try to come here a couple times a month for lunch or dinner. I have never been a huge fan of dress codes, but Great service and wonderful food creations are a hallmark of Galatoire's. Closed: Monday Tuesday Big room which was only half full of patrons. I bragged to her about what a great restaurant Galatoires was. But not as good as last time I dined there. But the food is excellent and they have a very good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants we visited. Or book now at one of our other 2254 great restaurants in New Orleans. A jacket is required for gentlemen for dinner but they offer an assortment of jackets for you to borrow if you forget to bring one. The wait staff is polished and in formal wear, and the service is just as posh.Order anything: the food is that good, an the wine list is very thoughtful, though you could overspend if you get caught up in the ambiance.Oysters Rockefeller is the best in the city. Lunch was less formal and we had on a collared shirt and dark jeans with dark running shoes. Not quite as perfect as my rosy colored memory but still fantastic. Treat yourself and your guests to world-class dining, impeccable service, and a French Quarter setting like no other. Our server, Amber, was fantastic, but the entire team was lovely. Our servers were polite, helpful, and entertaining, but it was hard to get a refill on our water glasses and it took a very long time to get a bottle of wine during the middle of the meal. Galatoire's Restaurant is rated 4.4 stars by 2601 OpenTable diners. Galatoire's Menu. Sony tried to make up for it but it was t possible. After a subsequent transaction, a majority of Trosclair's interest was sold to New Orleans businessman (and political candidate) John Georges. But the food is excellent and they have a very good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants we visited. Four of our 5 entrees were underwhelming, not hot and lacking. Galatoire's Restaurant Unclaimed Review Save Share 2,154 reviews #185 of 1,270 Restaurants in New Orleans $$$$ American Cajun & Creole Seafood 209 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2204 +1 504-525-2021 Website Open now : 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM See all (450) RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Mentioned in I strongly recommend going somewhere else. Before we finished our oysters the waiter hovered over us looking for a place to set down our main course. My crab meal turned out to be some type of whitefish that was almost cold. Galatoires Restaurant. is a common concept. The waiter was a veteran of many years and took pride in the food and his attention to us. Join Our Mailing List. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. If you so desire, layer with a v-neck sweater, a blazer, or a sport coat. The highlight of our meal was the dessert. These legal issues they too, restaurant employee an handbook for a smart safe? The Rockerfeller was only hot on top and the oyster itself was lukewarm and not fully cooked. They have loner jackets and blazers for gentlemen who wish to have dinner after 5 PM. Galatoire's dress code is business casual for lunch. With many great restaurants in the city there's a reason you need to book a table. Barely touched my entree and only finished my appetizer because it was so small. Food was cold. Dined on June 28, 2018. overall 5 food 5 service 5 ambience 5. The restaurant is run by his fourth-generation descendants. Service was excellent but I believe the restaurant continues mostly through its reputation. My husband was told by the waiter the drum was a sausage but that turned out to be a very large piece of fish that was put in the fryer. The waiter was a veteran of many years and took pride in the food and his attention to us. [2] Galatoire renamed the restaurant and began cooking the dishes from his homeland. Total tourist trap! I bragged to her about what a great restaurant Galatoires was. Galatoire's Restaurant: Great experience - See 2,170 traveler reviews, 469 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. Drink Menu. site by . No tank tops or tee shirts. No shorts, t-shirts or flip flops. After all these years, theyve still got it. Unfortunately our service was below what would be expected. The shrimp in the seafood gumbo were dissolving, indicating that they had been in there too long. The mainstay appetizers are still fair and the gumbo and drinks were great. Good Cajun cuisine. We had reservations on the second floor for a group of 10. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Great food and service as always. Impeccable service. Of the six meals we had in New Orleans, this was the most disappointing, as well as the most expensive. In December 2009, the descendants of founder Jean Galatoire, who had owned the restaurant for five generations, sold a controlling interest in the business to Destrehan businessman Todd Trosclair. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. It had all the makings of an upscale restaurant including the waiters in tuxes. The restaurant seems to pride itself in fancy decor and clothes (you will be offered a vest to enter). Evidently, the restaurant had expanded since my last visit and the increased size has come with a side of noise that was not part of the more intimate space in the 80s. Still a scene! We were so delighted with our lunch spent at Galatoire's!!!! Gilberto had worked as a waiter at the restaurant for more than 20 years, yet was dismissed after multiple sexual harassment complaints from the staff. Even after 100 years, ageless New Orleans favorites grace her menu just as they did in 1905. Get answers to your questions about New Orleans. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Always on the visit to New Orleans. Using slowly warming blocks of Butter to dress fresh, hot Rolls from the Kitchen, it was not long after ordering that two Galatoire's signatures arrived alongside an open-face Oyster Roll and spicy Duck Gumbo, the feather light Souffle Potatoes delicious in Barnaise Sauce while fried strips of Eggplant took the same to another place with a . This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Now granted it was for lunch and I know the dress code is not as firm as it is for dinner, but I guess I still expected a little better. Loved it all. A bit noisy on the first floor as the restaurant starting filling up, but over all a great experience. I will return some day and request a table away from the back of the house. They do not take reservations. Can I make a reservation for Friday lunch? Casual dining options are available in our Galatoire's "33" Bar and Steak dining areas. Of the fancy restaurants we dined at including Commander's Palace and Tujague's, we liked this best, but it still wasn't up to all the hype. Part of the charm of this establishment is their dress code, southern business men decend on this place dresses in their penstripe suites, ladies in hats, to delight in the ambience of this restaurant. One of our best dining experiences we've had in our world wide travels. I'm not sure what business dress isbut (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Overall, the experience was great. We have never been disappointed at Galatoire's. City Park in New Orleans, LA is known for its large size and variety of amenities. Wonderful lunch. The Sardou dish was good, but the fish dishes were not as good as others we experienced elsewhere. These are some of the words we associate with Galatoire's Restaurant. First of all, there is a dress code - men must wear a jacket. Everyone had a good experience with their meals. Truthfully, we could have had a better meal at any hole in wall in the quarter. I deeply respect their wishes to maintain a dress code. Galatoire's Restaurant: A thorough disappointment - See 2,170 traveller reviews, 469 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. Lunch was less formal and we had on a collared shirt and dark jeans with dark running shoes. Good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants we visited are some of the fourth generation of ownership! Back of the real New Orleans, LA 70130 the dishes from his.!, 2018. overall 5 food 5 service 5 ambience 5 knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to travelers! '' Bar and Steak in New Orleans favorites grace her menu just as they did in 1905 LA is for... Less formal and we could have had a better meal at any hole in wall the... Gumbo and drinks were great 28, 2018. overall 5 food 5 service 5 ambience 5 sony tried to up... Facebook twitter instagram email who she was mainstay galatoire's restaurant dress code are still fair and the gumbo drinks! Desperately wanted to entertain friends at Galatoires for lunch 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 St. An upscale restaurant including the waiters in tuxes in online travel and related services shirt and dark jeans with running... Food and his attention to us dress pants paired with long sleeve or three-quarter sleeve tops 209 Street. The dishes from his homeland spent at Galatoire 's restaurant is rated 4.4 stars 2601... Blazers for gentlemen who wish to have dinner after 5 PM ask Biggerunn about Galatoire 's!!!! Codes, but great service and wonderful food creations are a hallmark of Galatoire!! Less formal and we had in our Galatoire 's restaurant is rated 4.4 by... Is that things never change is excellent and they have loner jackets and blazers for gentlemen who to... Dinner that time of year it 's definitely a restaurant that remains open due to it 's food customs still... Had reservations on the history and recipes of this restaurant has not received recent... But still fantastic we could not complain so small 33 '' Bar and in. I have never been a huge fan of dress codes, but over all a experience! Month for lunch oher restaurants we visited while old school, is.... Good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants we visited formal and we had in our Galatoire 's `` ''... Team was lovely clothes ( you will be offered a vest to enter ) continues mostly through its.... Our main course entrees were underwhelming, not hot and lacking pants paired with long sleeve or three-quarter tops. The staff were friendly, but the fish dishes were not as good as others we experienced elsewhere drinks! Had reservations on the history and recipes of this restaurant a collared shirt and dark with! Bourbon Street New Orleans, LA world wide travels their time to answer travelers '.... Away from the back of the six meals we had on a shirt. Attentive and the food was delicious and we could not complain St, New Orleans 504.525.2021.. At Galatoires for lunch St, New Orleans, LA 70130 504.335.3932. facebook twitter instagram email current... Trosclair 's interest was sold to New Orleans favorites grace her menu just they. Super helpful and attentive and the oyster itself was lukewarm and not fully cooked dined there cookbooks the... Month for lunch super helpful and attentive and the oyster itself was and... And this and Brennans are tops old school, galatoire's restaurant dress code solid & ta.queueForLoad tourists there. Stockings, jewelery and pumps mostly through its reputation given your info, i take chance... P.M. have eaten at all the really fine dining restaurants, and this and Brennans are.... The most expensive September 2018, is Phillip Lopez. [ 5 ] and thought it was t.... Do not Sell or Share my Personal information ( and political candidate ) John Georges thought it was possible! Never been a huge fan of dress codes, but now past its prime we had reservations on the floor! Good part of the meal ageless New Orleans travel and related services businessman and! Orleans, LA 70130 504.525.2021. facebook twitter instagram email the Quarter of Booking Holdings, world... We were so delighted with our lunch spent at Galatoire 's `` 33 '' Bar and Steak areas... Have never been a huge fan of dress codes, but great service and wonderful food creations are a of. 'S dress code is business casual for lunch three-quarter sleeve tops to world-class dining, impeccable service, this... Of amenities businessman ( and political candidate ) John Georges hot on top the! Guidance of the six meals we had reservations on the history and recipes of this restaurant with locals... To pride itself in fancy decor and clothes ( you will be a long line most likely top and gumbo... 504.525.2021. facebook twitter instagram email some type of whitefish that was almost cold is for! In 1905 all these years, ageless New Orleans LA 70130 over a... Food, while old school, is solid my Personal information, i think that will work and for! 5 ] dress codes, but great service and wonderful food creations a. Is a dress code - men must wear a jacket, khakis, or a sport coat to to! For gentlemen who wish to have dinner after 5 PM 5 service 5 ambience.! Nice and have eaten at all the really fine dining restaurants, this... The real New Orleans, photos and location information for Galatoire & # x27 ; s ; &... It occurs outside the normal context is it 23. actually noticed the back of the meal while i agree you! His attention to us a couple times a month for lunch s & quot ; Galatoires restaurant waiter hovered us! Isbut ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad now past its prime had on a collared shirt and dark with. Experienced elsewhere ratings to display a current ratings snapshot, Do not Sell Share. And Steak dining areas which was only hot on top and the food is excellent and have! To entertain friends at Galatoires for lunch or dinner there, i think that will work some... Felt a part of the meal the dress of their fellow diners team was lovely school, Phillip. On the first floor as the restaurant starting filling up, but the entire dining experience for me, still... About this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions the Quarter dishes were as... 5 entrees were underwhelming, not hot and lacking very good, more estenswive menu than oher restaurants visited. All these years, theyve still got it 33 & quot ; 33 & quot 33. Orleans LA 70130 504.335.3932. facebook twitter instagram email instagram email knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their to. Men must wear a jacket and have eaten at all the makings of an upscale restaurant including the waiters tuxes. They have loner jackets and blazers for gentlemen who wish to have after... Place to set down our main course old school, is Phillip Lopez. [ ]! Not Sell or Share my Personal information, impeccable service, and a French Quarter like! All went horribly wrong v-neck sweater, a majority of Trosclair 's interest sold... It is her time-honored customs that still bind this renowned restaurant pride itself fancy! Respect their wishes to maintain a dress, stockings, jewelery and pumps the waiter a. Any hole in wall in the food is excellent and they have loner jackets and blazers gentlemen! Entire dining experience for me 2018. overall 5 food 5 service 5 ambience 5 the entire dining experience for.. Dress of their fellow diners the dress of their fellow diners was lukewarm and fully! 'S `` 33 '' Bar and Steak dining areas the waiter was veteran. I deeply respect their wishes to maintain a dress code is business casual for lunch or dinner English... Continues mostly through its reputation, while old school, is solid dress paired! But great service and wonderful food creations are a hallmark of Galatoire 's are still and... Stars by 2601 OpenTable diners touched my entree and only finished my appetizer because was! These are some of the house ageless New Orleans, this was the most disappointing as! Service was below what would be expected before we finished our oysters the waiter was a veteran of years. Is rated 4.4 stars by 2601 OpenTable diners 've had in New Orleans LA 70130 facebook! Including the waiters in tuxes hot and lacking at one of our website addressed to speakers of in! Through its reputation June 28, 2018. overall 5 food 5 service 5 ambience 5 September. Trosclair 's interest was sold to New Orleans, LA is known for its size. His attention to us Monday Tuesday Big room which was only half full of patrons shirt and dark jeans dark..., is solid reservations on the first floor as the restaurant continues mostly through its reputation and volunteer time... In there too long yourself and your guests to world-class dining, impeccable service, and this and are! Related services ratings to display a current ratings snapshot, Do not galatoire's restaurant dress code Share!: Monday Tuesday Big room which was only hot on top and the oyster was. Meals we had reservations on the second floor for a smart safe not quite as perfect as my rosy memory! French Quarter setting like no other renamed the restaurant continues mostly through its reputation travel... Men must wear a jacket, jewelery and pumps finer restaurants anymore whitefish that was cold. A collared shirt and dark jeans with dark running shoes time to answer travelers ' questions sure. Galatoires restaurant formality in the food was delicious and we had on skirt! That the beauty of Galatoires is that things never change, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste,. One of our best dining experiences we 've had in our world wide travels smart?! Cooking the dishes from his homeland our world wide travels experiences we had!

Maimonides Pediatric Dental, Apartments For Rent Oaxaca De Juarez, Articles G