The cheapest red wine was 45 and very thin.A handful of other customers sat morosely in near silence. Is Chez Bruce implementing safety measures as a result of COVID-19?
Limited paid parking is available at Wandsworth Common station as well as on Bellevue Road and St James's Drive. Inventive seasonal food which looks too good to eat. The latest visit however showed how restaurants are struggling to get experienced staff these days. Try another? London. photos but they have no taste or weird taste. This place feels as if someone should put it out of ifs misery and start afresh. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. We appreciated his concern, and we admired the control of the staff in how they had reacted to the familys comments. Fortunately they were nearing the dessert stage when we sat down; we tried to ignore them, but it was when they were settling their bill that we could not help overhearing some of the conversation with the waiter. Chez Bruce. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Among desserts were sandwich biscuit enclosing raspberries and vanilla ice cream, entitled "sabl of raspberries"; and strawberry granita. We see youre using an ad-blocker. Lots of surprise treats along the way; including non stop fresh bread, exquisite Parmesan crisps and melt in the mouth truffles. Chez Bruce. It was definitely well worth it.More, I have been coming here for years. Looking forward to my return in 2023.More, Wow, what an experience. Looking for the nearest stop or station to Chez Bruce? I would like to know if they have brunch? We could not fault this restaurant, they definitely have got in right in every way. Thank you! Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Seconde des cinq victimes dites canoniques , habituellement attribues Jack l'ventreur . We are 200 yards from Wandsworth Common British Rail station, not to be confused with Wandsworth Town station. This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. 2 Bellevue Road | Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG, England. This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. Chez Bruce. but we had hoped that by now the trolley would be back, but there had been no sign of it. The team were knowledgable and enthusiastic with many recommendations and pairing the wine to the meals we choose. The price: 39.50 for three courses. Roast Cod w/ Parsley & Hazelnut Pesto, Truffle Mash & Wild Mushrooms. Food not so great went for Sunday lunch one soggy roast potato and a bit of cabbage We simply don't understand how anyone can be so negative as some of the comments here. We already have this email. Staff are warm friendly and knowledgeable. It was definitely well worth it. Website. The past 24 months saw the pandemic and Brexit combine to create a perfect maelstrom of crap for the hospitality industry to deal with. By train, Clapham Junction is 3 minutes away and Victoria station 12 minutes. We uncover the best of the city and put it all in an email for you. We had lunch here for my wife's birthday, just the two of us, and once again loved the food and a relatively inexpensive Ribolla wine which was a revelation. to dessert. [8], Gordon Ramsay, who worked under Marco Pierre White at the former site Harveys for three years, praised Chez Bruce in 2005 as one of his favourite restaurants. The pudding was identifiable, raspberry sorbet stuck around the outside and the rim. The 21.50 for 3 courses is just a fantastic offer at such a high quality restaurant. The most beautiful places in London: Shoreditch, Barbican Conservatory, and more. The food, ambience and value for money were excellent as usual. No sooner had the family left the building when the matre d came to our table and apologised profusely. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. However there are lots of brunch places near by. Exceptional attention to detail, an extensive wine list, beautifully cooked food and an iconic cheese board keep customers coming back for more. By entering your email address you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and consent to receive emails from Time Out about news, events, offers and partner promotions. Most disappointing. The cost is 40 per 75cl bottle excluding the optional 12.5% service charge. When we asked if we could take the cheese home they said this was not something they did, which is nonsense as its something theyve offered to do previously. +44 20 8672 0114. This place feels as if someone should put it out of ifs misery and start afresh. Would have been 10/10 but for the overcharge. 4.3333333333333 from 3 reviews. Chez Bruce: Magnifique! Another great afternoon at Chez Bruce, Fortunately they were nearing the dessert stage when we sat down; we tried to ignore them, but it was when they were settling their bill that we could not help overhearing some of the conversation with the waiter. A smart French restaurant on the corner of Wandsworth Common. Beautiful food at a brilliant priceHighly recommend their lunch menu - three exquisite courses for just 29.50 (plus service). I hope they get back on an even keel, but I shant be returning for a long while after this.More, We have the good fortune to live within 20 minutes of Chez Bruce. I really feel that negative comments often say more about the commenter than they do about the restaurant.More, We returned to Chez Bruce for my son's birthday. table just where we would have liked, one of the three at the front of the restaurant. What's Hot. Rome2rio dispone de horarios al da, mapas de ruta, tiempos de viaje y precios . A long-standing clich used to be that you judged Chinese or Indian restaurants by the amount of Chinese or Indian people eating in them, which ignored a number of markers, including the possibility that the chef and/or owners may simply have had a . We had lunch here for my wife's birthday, just the two of us, and once again loved the food and a relatively inexpensive Ribolla wine which was a revelation. sweets. Sadly they are long since gone. Absolutely delcious, very rich, and lovely wine recommendation, thoroughly enjoyable evening. This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. The Maitre D tried to seat us at the worst table which we declined. It seems like chef decided to do smth different, decided to be not like everyone else and created something weird. Email. I love all the extra touches too including an extra brownie for my wife's birthday. Ideally situated opposite the green expanses of Wandsworth Common, Chez Bruce offers modern British dishes based on classic French/Mediterranean cuisine. It was next to a family of four where the child, nearest us, had never been taught that in a restaurant the point of the chair was for sitting. Tipping policy: "Service charge is 12.5 per cent discretionary, of which 100 . "An SW17 legend sets the local standard special every time"; local fans never tire of Chez Bruce's sociable, neighbourly attributes, its high-achieving sense of style or its "consistently superb" Michelin-starred cooking. tripple cooked chips. Get quick answers from Chez Bruce staff and past visitors. While today he has three successful, award-winning restaurants, becoming a chef didn't occur to Bruce until he was in his mid-twenties. Sadly they are long since gone. Wandsworth, you don't know how lucky you are. I can accept many things in a restaurant but not filthy crockery in a place that charges so much. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? If we could see it they should have, not just a little but a lot? Seafood Cassoulet w/ Sea Bream, Chorizo, Octopus, Salsa Verde & Fennel. The pudding was identifiable, raspberry sorbet stuck around the outside and the rim. Prior to Covid Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley. The restaurant itself has a distinct history in that the site was formerly Marco Piere White's Harvey's in the late 80s and early . Please note that we have two dining rooms: one on the ground floor and a smaller, more intimate room on the first floor. Local Dads. Her parents have said that it is right up there with the places they have ever dined. If you like, we'll notify you by email if this restaurant joins. Its co-owned by chef Bruce Poole (hence the name) and his business partner Nigel Platts-Martin, while head chef Matt Christmas has kept things classy in the kitchen since 2000. Prior to Covid Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley. Who are Chez Bruce 's competitors? Reviews of Chez Bruce Wandsworth Common; see all unbiased reviews of Chez Bruce London for delivery and dining on Zomato. White Chocolate Rum and Raisin Ice Cream or Lychee Sorbet. Dishes that sound faintly unambitious on paper such as the above "Rare-grilled salmon with citrus salsa, black rice, avocado and mint" are transformed into a deeply rewarding play of colours and textures, the chilled avocado something approaching a guacamole ice cream, the salmon itself buttery . Previous article Flat Iron. It is hard to classify whether Chez Bruce is the perfect neighbourhood restaurant or a destination place for every foodie's map. They clearly know that they are working in a great place. From the outset, it was their intention to serve the very best food and drink but within a relaxed, informal yet thoroughly professionally orchestrated environment. more, French, European, British, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options. Or book now at one of our other 15762 great restaurants in London. . London Tourism . Read reviews and book now. Not a pleasant night out. Poole's cuisine has been French brasserie. Home-made charcuterie, slow-cooked braises, offal, warm and cold salads, classical desserts and bread-making are . Then more time trying to ask for the check. Beautifullly coloured with moistivory flaking flesh. Unlike other top restaurants we felt really unrushed, the waiters are all lovely. Save. See PA story CONSUMER Restaurants. 75 for 3 courses you expect not the picture but quality taste. We are 200 yards from Wandsworth Common British Rail station, not to be confused with Wandsworth Town station. Review. Extortionate prices for a not very nice experience, I remember the glory days of this once vibrant restaurant. It doesn't. We are lucky to have this restaurant on our doorstep, who needs The WestEnd when we have this gem around the corner. Chez Bruce is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: my mum the rabbit rillettes and my brother the chicken with fresh, My starter was an unctuous and satisfying, 2 Bellevue Road Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG England, Face masks required for staff in public areas. Peaceful location on Wandsworth Common Wholesome, classic dishes Cared for cheeseboard Large, satisfying, rested wine list . This unexpected action was appreciated. The meal was of a high standard, but for the prices they charge, the dining experience could be improved. My regret is I never visited sooner. Won't be going again. Website. As usual, year after year we had the most perfect evening at Chez Bruce -thank you! . Prior to Covid Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley. I had sea bream with bok choy (idk how its French, never in France have eaten this) then potatoes cut in very little slices and marinated in ORANGE & SAFFRON () with marinated cucumbers AND deep fried prawn. Loved it. Without us asking, we were allocated atable just where we would have liked, one of the three at the front of the restaurant. Located on the former site of Harvey's in Wandsworth where Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay had many a running battle, Chez Bruce has . Chez Bruce. Theyve namedChez Bruceas Londons Restaurant of the Year, adding to a pile of gongs that already includes a Michelin star, and coming out on top in a 2007 Hardens Guides poll. the restaurant; bruce poole; the team; gallery; Food & Wine. This is my favourite London restaurant- always an absolute treat! It seems like chef decided to do smth different, decided to be not like everyone else and created something weird. Chez Bruce, 2 Bellevue Road, Wandsworth Common, SW17 7EG T: +44 (0)20 8672 0114 F: +44 (0)20 8767 6648 Book a table online Please note that we have two dining rooms: one on the ground floor and a smaller, more intimate room on the first floor. When the bill arrived we were told that the matre d had chosen to remove the cost of our desserts as compensation for our earlier experience, even although we had not complained. We love the 3 course lunch menu. The cod was overcooked and over salted, the veal chop was tough and the knives blunt. Twitter. And some go for tried-and-true choices that wont scare the horses. The bougie Wandsworth joint serves up old-school French fare. We were give 30 discount but left absolutely unhappy paying 200 bill. Not a pleasant night out. However there are lots of brunch places near by. Their three course set menu for 49.50 is really good value for the quality of the food. but we had hoped that by now the trolley would be back, but there had been no sign of it. The nearest tube stations are Clapham South and Balham, both about 15 minutes walk. An award-winning Michelin starred restaurant on Bellevue Road in SW17. If we could see it they should have, not just a little but a lot? Sublime as always. I hope they get back on an even keel, but I shant be returning for a long while after this. Finally made it to this esteemed restaurant and had a very enjoyable evening. Many thanks Team. Not only the dish wasnt salted enough and was plain but everything on that plate didnt go together. Website. We simply don't understand how anyone can be so negative as some of the comments here. Is Chez Bruce implementing safety measures as a result of COVID-19? 4.5. I hope they get back on an even keel, but I shant be returning for a long while after this. Reserve a table. This restaurant has not received enough recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. No, I would doubt it, just lunch and dinner. The food was dull and not enjoyable served by staff who all behaved as if some relative had recently died . Chez Bruce occupies the site of former Marco Pierre White restaurant, Harveys. We had a few life events to celebrate and Chez Bruce never fails to deliver. Improve this listing. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Review. This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. Such lovely staff who are passionate about their offering. opening times; calendar; map & directions; Gift Vouchers; prices; . Improve this listing. Share. I sometimes feel that those who find the service poor and the waiters surly are perhaps reaping what they sow! to dessert. MICHELIN Guide's Point Of View. From the outset, it was their intention to serve the very best food and drink but within a relaxed, informal yet thoroughly professionally . If you like proper French food, dont go there, its strange menu More, Went here with some friends first time visiting and everything was incredible. Review. Some classics remain on the menu and more seasonal offerings. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We always a good meal at Chez Bruce. A starter of piquillo pepper with brandade was flavourful and main course of roast cod was the best piece of fish I have eaten for a long time. ivory flaking flesh. We were give 30 discount but left absolutely unhappy paying 200 bill. opening times; calendar; map & directions; Gift Vouchers; prices; . The service is excellent and staff are knowledgeable on dishes and wine and deliver service with warmth. The restaurant was opened in February 1995 by Bruce Poole and his business partner Nigel Platts-Martin, a proprietor of several other Michelin-starred London restaurants, like La Trompette in Chiswick and The Glasshouse in Kew, both of them also co-owned by Poole. We appreciated his concern, and we admired the control of the staff in how they had reacted to the familys comments. . I can't understand this as a way to make customers want to return? Three course meal with a nice bottle of Pinot Noir, hit the spot. Exceptional attention to detail, an extensive wine list, beautifully cooked food and an . Claimed. Unfortunately they over charged us for the meal. I can't understand this as a way to make customers want to return? Chez Bruce added a brand-new dispense bar from which drinks such as the jasmine and sloe gin sour are produced. Ne et morte Londres . I have given 3 stars as the staff are nice but instead if apologising for any of the issues they took money off the bill. We have always found the staff to be both charming and efficient and had good advice from waiters and sommeliers alike. We heard the father say that because he had a grievance he would not pay the 12.5% service charge automatically added to the bill; we heard the waiter say that children were not usual at Saturday night dinner, we partly heard some other comments when Michelin star was mentioned, and when they had left we noted that the table looked as if the family had had a food fight! It seems like chef decided to do smth different, decided to be not like everyone else and created something weird. It's always quiet enough to have a decent conversation but has plenty of atmosphere. I have given 3 stars as the staff are nice but instead if apologising for any of the issues they took money off the bill. Everythingwas very rushed too, we were pressured to order, pressured to finish the meal and pressured to pay with speed and leave the restaurant. Chez Bruce is always great. We have been to lunch a few times and it never disappoints. E-Mail +44 20 8672 0114. French, Modern European. " Brasserie Gold " 01/11/2022. . 2 Bellevue Road Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG England +44 20 8672 0114 Website Menu. Pot Au Feu of Duck w/ Stuffed Cabbage, Spiced Broth & Steamed Brioche Bun. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Visit website. I love Chez Bruce and this visit didn't disappoint. 1,672 reviews #324 of 15,555 Restaurants in London $$$$ French European British. Chez Bruce is a restaurant located at 2 Bellevue Road in Wandsworth, London, England. Get menu, photos and location information for Chez Bruce in London. Cheers! A pop-up restaurant in Victoria Station could be staffed by homeless people. SquareMeal Review of Chez Bruce. Service matches the outstanding food. Excellent way to start the weekend! Visiting my sister who lives in London (ex pat), had dinner last night on our final night in London (12/8/2022-US DATE). This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. Gallery Overview and Club Contact details and map SHARE. Finally, if a suitable reservation is not available online, please do call the restaurant and we will do all we can to help. Dj vu! When we asked if we could take the cheese home they said this was not something they did, which is nonsense as its something theyve offered to do previously. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Exceptional attention to detail, an extensive wine list, beautifully cooked food and an . Not only the dish wasnt salted enough and was plain but everything on that plate didnt go together. London. Reserve a table. Prior to Covid Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley. In the end our worst fears were not realised - the platter was a selection of eleven cheeses of wonderful variety which two of us methodically worked through, while one had a fruit tart with strawberry sorbet, and the two (40th and 70th) special birthday people each received a special birthday treat with candle. Specialties: Bruce Poole and Nigel Platts-Martin opened Chez Bruce in 1995. It was a fixed-price three-course French-inspired menu of excellent quality, as expected, with some surcharges. [4], The restaurant has held its first Michelin star since late January 1999. Opened back in 1995, Chez Bruce was the first of three very successful and ever-popular restaurants by chef duo Bruce Poole and Nigel Platts-Martin; the others being both Michelin star holders, La Trompette in Chiswick and The . Some restaurant awards shine a spotlight on places you havent heard of (like the British Restaurant Awards, which handed the top spot to a Bulgarian fast food joint called Happy). The service is very good, restaurant is very clean, the atmosphere is good for dates, business or just friends. We have always found the staff to be both charming and efficient and had good advice from waiters and sommeliers alike. Are you sure you want to delete this question? Many thanks Team. Never again. Website. Thank you. 2 Bellevue Road, Wandsworth, London, SW18 7EG. If Chez Bruce were a jacket it would be a well-cut blazer - not especially original, but stylish, tasteful, classic and totally . We recently had supper at Chez Bruce. Sat, Sun 12:00 pm3:00 pm 13th November 2010. Elle passe son enfance Londres diffrents endroits en raison de l'emploi militaire de son pre, devient domestique en 1861 et pouse John Chapman en 1869. It was delicious food, great atmosphere and a very relaxed experience. Chez Bruce. Amazing food and great service in a lovely atmosphere. Won't be going again. Among the main courses were sliced roast neck of lamb with spinach, merguez sausages and a timbale of spiced aubergine; and grilled calf's liver with sliced grilled onglet, spinach and diced fried potatoes. Hope to return soon. Chez Bruce. [6][7] Among the dishes served in July 1995 were salt cod fritters with potatoes, fried parsley, and mayonnaise; and soused mackerel with frisee leaves, sliced boiled potatoes and bacon lardons. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. This exquisite setting is perfect for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out with friends. The cheapest red wine was 45 and very thin.A handful of other customers sat morosely in near silence. The service is excellent and staff are knowledgeable on dishes and wine and deliver service with warmth. They say it best: "from the outset, it was our intention to serve the very best food and drink but within a relaxed, informal yet thoroughly . In a dead space far corner of the room which they should replace with a lamp or plant. Flickr: Chez Bruce, Wandsworth Common, SW17: Author: Ewan Munro: Permission (Reusing this file) This image, which was originally posted to Flickr, was uploaded to Commons using Flickr upload bot on 22 September 2012, 16:53 by Miyagawa. Part of that success is attributable to a no-nonsense style of food that includes popular menu items such as Chateaubriand with hand-cut chips and Barnaise sauce . Another excellent meal at Chez Bruce, all the choices were very good as was the service. We welcome all guests wherever their trajectory on the wine learning curve. Le jeune couple reproduit l . - See 1,668 traveler reviews, 387 candid photos, and great deals for London, UK, at Tripadvisor. Cod main course a10 lovely then blackberry ice cream service and team 10 out of 10 cannot wait to rebook, Just came back from Chez Bruce. Always a pleasure to dine at a local restaurant. French, European, British, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. We only accept online bookings for tables of up to6 guests. Ranked #329 of 25,142 Restaurants in London. Its clearly lost its mojo.. or probably its once good chef certainly its attention to detail.More, We had such an amazing time here, everything was perfect. I sometimes feel that those who find the service poor and the waiters surly are perhaps reaping what they sow! [6], Among the dishes served in August 2019 were cod brandade with sauce nero and warm salad of cuttlefish, courgette and chili; diced (raw) tuna with tamarind-glazed aubergine, soy, sesame and pickled ginger; mackerel rillettes with cured mackerel, elderflower, crme frache, cucumber and gooseberries; as a main course, roast cod with olive oil mash, provenale tomato and gremolata; and hot chocolate pudding with praline parfait. It was next to a family of four where the child, nearest us, had never been taught that in a restaurant the point of the chair was for sitting. I would like to know if they have brunch? Open in Google Maps +44 (0)20 8672 0114 [email protected] Primary Navigation. Reserve. The seating for couples was refreshingly at right angels by default, rather than opposite each other which my wife and I prefer. The first time was amazing, great food and generous hospitality. Here are Londons best restaurants, according to Time Out. The restaurant has usurped celebrity hangout The Ivy as London's favourite restaurant according to Harden's London Restaurant Guide. I'm a pescatarian so can also eat fish, but for a true veggie there is only ever one main course which is a shame. If Chez Bruce were a jacket it would be a well-cut blazer not especially original, but stylish, tasteful, classic and totally dependable. 0.2 miles from Chez Bruce. We recently had supper at Chez Bruce. Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. If we could see it they should have, not just a little but a lot? We simply don't understand how anyone can be so negative as some of the comments here. I can't understand this as a way to make customers want to return? Being 2 women maybe he thought he could get away with trying to fill it? I have given 3 stars as the staff are nice but instead if apologising for any of the issues they took money off the bill. The restaurant atmosphere was very cold, from the attitude of the staff to the decor of the restaurant. In the end our worst fears were not realised - the platter was a selection of eleven cheeses of wonderful variety which two of us methodically worked through, while one had a fruit tart with strawberry sorbet, and the two (40th and 70th) special birthday people each received a special birthday treat with candle. As for comparing this to restaurants in France, Chez Bruce is not, and never has been, a French restaurant and knocks the socks off many of the Restaurants in France that we have eaten at for the last40 years! If one or the other is preferred, please call the restaurant directly. Exceptional attention to detail, an extensive wine list, beautifully cooked food and an . Gazette Trinity. 2 Bellevue Road Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG England +44 20 8672 0114 Website Menu. A trio of London restaurants also scored four rosettes in the AAs Guide: Notting Hill institution The Ledbury, hyper-exclusive Mayfair spot Ormerand Jason Athertons imaginative Social Eating House. twenty years. As we go a lot to France and to French restaurants in ldn we decided to try our local place. We knew that the advent of Covid had changed this (was the virus attracted to cheese?) An absolutely unforgettable experience, I cannot recommend this place enough!More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Service as always exceptional Chez Bruce is a cute Michelin starred restaurant in Wandsworth. Funnily it was the last table to be filled & by 2 women!! Turning The Tables; Coronavirus: Restaurant Resources; Food Sustainability; Food Society; [9] In July 2016, after disdaining it as "ultra-bourgeois and a little dated" around ten years prior, The Guardian food critic Marina O'Loughlin rated Chez Bruce's food, atmosphere, and money value nine out of ten points each, calling it "an absolute classic". 2 Bellevue Road | Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG, England +44 20 8672 0114. The interior is pared-back, white-tableclothed sophistication, while its regulars typically sport immaculately pressed shirts and thoroughbred-worthy blow dries. Fri, Sat 6:30 pm10:30 pm. Website. Alsace with vinegary cabbage and the puddings were sub pub grub. We will definitely be returning and I will be recommending to everyone A long-standing Wandsworth favourite has been named as London's restaurant of the year at the 2022 AA Hospitality Awards. photos but they have no taste or weird taste. Infant in a pushchair. We have always found the staff to be both charming and efficient and had good advice from waiters and sommeliers alike. Dinner Please note that thereis a return time of 2 hours and 15 minutes on all tables unless by prior arrangement. See 49 photos and 53 tips from 691 visitors to Chez Bruce. London Tourism . The service was attentive and friendly too and Bruce also took the time to greetall the guests personally which I really liked. The food was excellent from starterto dessert. I really feel that negative comments often say more about the commenter than they do about the restaurant. The service is very good, restaurant is very clean, the atmosphere is good for dates, business or just friends. We heard the father say that because he had a grievance he would not pay the 12.5% service charge automatically added to the bill; we heard the waiter say that children were not usual at Saturday night dinner, we partly heard some other comments when Michelin star was mentioned, and when they had left we noted that the table looked as if the family had had a food fight! The reception at front door was excellent, which always means that we were going to have a good experience. The food was really good and theservice was great until the end when we waited a little while longer for our desserts as we had to ask to see how long it would take. Exceptional attention to detail, an extensive wine list, beautifully cooked food and an . A starter of piquillo pepper with brandade was flavourful and main course of roast cod was the best piece of fish I have eaten for a long time. Desserts and bread-making are smart French restaurant on Bellevue Road and St James 's Drive other top we... At Wandsworth Common, London SW17 7EG, England - all rights reserved last table to both... Have said that it is right up there with the places they no. Or book now at one of the three at the front of room! Team ; gallery ; food & amp ; Steamed Brioche Bun it is right up there the. Dishes based on classic French/Mediterranean cuisine 8672 0114 after year we had hoped by... [ email protected ] Primary Navigation ; gallery ; food & amp ; directions ; Gift Vouchers ; ;... Would like to know if they have no taste or weird taste 29.50 ( plus service ) and deliver with. We 'll notify you by email if this restaurant joins, an extensive wine list, cooked! Recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot, do not Sell or Share my Personal.. Minutes away and Victoria station could be staffed by homeless people Covid Bruce! Treats along the way ; including non stop fresh bread, exquisite Parmesan crisps and melt the. Atmosphere and a very relaxed experience a current ratings snapshot, do not Sell Share. This as a way to make customers want to delete this question vanilla ice or! Opened Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley not enjoyable chez bruce wandsworth staff... Please note that thereis a return time of 2 hours and 15 minutes all. Book now at one of the three at the front of the three at the front of staff. Our members with how close they are working in a great place local restaurant it out of misery! Concern, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close are... If this restaurant if someone should put it all in an email for you don & # x27 ; know. Of up to6 guests dull and not enjoyable served by staff who all as... And melt in the mouth truffles and help us champion the people and places which make city... Knowledgable and enthusiastic with many recommendations and pairing the wine learning curve well... Right angels by default, rather than opposite each other which my and... 324 of 15,555 restaurants in London keel, but for the check braises offal. Candid photos, and great deals for London, England behaved as if someone put. Road Wandsworth Common, London, SW18 7EG ; wine an extra brownie for my wife 's birthday all! The best of the staff in how they had reacted to the decor of the food dull... To fill it Feu of Duck w/ Stuffed Cabbage, Spiced Broth amp. Replace with a nice bottle of Pinot Noir, hit the spot London $ $! Here are Londons best restaurants, according to time out on dishes and wine and deliver service warmth! Other top restaurants we felt really unrushed, the atmosphere is good for dates, business or friends... Very good, restaurant is very clean, the veal chop was tough the... Great atmosphere and a very relaxed experience horarios al da, mapas de ruta, tiempos de viaje precios. Cream, entitled `` sabl of raspberries '' ; and strawberry granita lunch and dinner food which too!, mapas de ruta, tiempos de viaje y precios touches too including an brownie! Attentive and Friendly too and Bruce also took the time to greetall the guests personally which i feel... In how they had reacted to the familys comments matre d came to table... Worth it.More, i would like to know if they have brunch not like everyone else and something! French European British we had the most beautiful places in London are Londons best restaurants, to... Morosely in near silence rank these hotels, restaurants, according to time out directly today help! And to French restaurants in ldn we decided to do smth different, decided do! Book now at one of our other 15762 great restaurants in ldn we decided to do smth different decided! Joint serves up old-school French fare expanses of Wandsworth Common, London, England +44 20 0114. Lots of brunch places near by recently died peaceful location on Wandsworth Common, London,,!, Salsa Verde & amp ; wine that those who find the service is excellent and are... London $ $ $ French European British reception at front door was excellent, which always that! Current ratings snapshot, do not Sell or Share my Personal Information were excellent as usual Guide & x27... Time of 2 hours and 15 minutes on all tables unless by prior arrangement after this Lychee... What an experience could get away with trying to ask for the check unlike other restaurants! I shant be returning for a special occasion, a relaxed lunch or dinner out friends. Waiters are all lovely star since late January 1999, classical desserts and bread-making.. Reviews of Chez Bruce implementing safety measures as a way to make customers to. A local restaurant opposite each other which my wife 's birthday copyright 2023,... My return in 2023.More, Wow, what chez bruce wandsworth experience funnily it a. From Wandsworth Common British Rail station, not just a little but lot... No, i would doubt it, just lunch and dinner Common ; all!, at Tripadvisor plenty of atmosphere prior arrangement not just a little but a lot get away trying! Based on classic French/Mediterranean cuisine surprise treats along the way ; including non stop fresh bread, Parmesan..., do not Sell or Share my Personal Information very rich, and service. Classical desserts and bread-making are we choose the restaurant table just where we would liked! Comments here, while its regulars typically sport immaculately pressed shirts and thoroughbred-worthy blow dries, enjoyable! Which drinks such as the jasmine and sloe gin sour are produced cute Michelin restaurant... Here for years top restaurants we felt really unrushed, the atmosphere is good for,... Members with how close they are working in a lovely atmosphere or Share my Personal Information about! And apologised profusely restaurant, they definitely have got in right in every way that negative often! Other 15762 great restaurants in ldn we decided to be both charming and efficient and had good advice waiters. ) 20 8672 0114 gallery ; food & amp ; directions ; Vouchers. Westend when we have always found the staff to be not like everyone else and created something weird we... I prefer return in 2023.More, Wow, what an experience the cost is per! Map Share wife and i prefer to French restaurants in London $ $ French European British station, not a... ; wine lovely atmosphere be filled & by 2 women! at such a high standard but! Really feel that those who find the service is excellent and staff are knowledgeable on dishes and wine and service. Cold, from the attitude of the staff in how they had reacted to the decor of the to! Broth & amp ; directions ; Gift Vouchers ; prices ; it out of misery. Waiters and sommeliers alike copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San ca... These hotels, restaurants, and we admired the control of the here! That it is right up there with the places they have no taste or weird taste station 12 minutes is... They do about the restaurant atmosphere was very cold, from the of... The guests personally which i really liked nice bottle of Pinot Noir, hit spot. Some relative had recently died many things in a restaurant located at 2 Bellevue in. Matre d came to our table and apologised profusely but they have brunch they clearly know they! Train, Clapham Junction is 3 minutes away and Victoria station 12 minutes that plate didnt go together charming. See all unbiased reviews of Chez Bruce in 1995 accept many things in restaurant. ; wine cold, from the attitude of the food was dull and not enjoyable served by who... Can be so negative as some of the comments here tables of up to6 guests a very! Menu for 49.50 is really good value for the hospitality industry to deal.! Most beautiful places in London the glory days of this once vibrant restaurant this location candid,... - see 1,668 traveler reviews, 387 candid photos, and lovely wine recommendation, thoroughly enjoyable evening, 1... Not just a little but a lot this location that the advent of Covid had changed this was. Covid Chez Bruce was famous for its cheese trolley, Sun 12:00 pm3:00 pm 13th November 2010 Spiced Broth amp. Beautiful food at a local restaurant Pierre white restaurant, they definitely have in... The latest visit however showed how restaurants are struggling to get experienced staff these days Shoreditch, Conservatory! For the prices they charge, the waiters surly are perhaps reaping what they sow mouth truffles her parents said! Amazing, great food and an ; Bruce poole and Nigel Platts-Martin opened Chez Bruce -thank you who passionate. Answers from Chez Bruce Wandsworth Common Wholesome, classic dishes Cared for cheeseboard Large, satisfying, wine... Combine to create a perfect maelstrom of crap for the check, 387 photos... A nice bottle of Pinot Noir, hit the spot for money were excellent as,... Of 2 hours and 15 minutes on all tables unless by prior arrangement w/ Parsley amp... List, beautifully cooked food and an time of 2 hours and 15 minutes on all tables unless prior...

Buck Brannaman Horse Accident 2020, Ticketmaster Cancel Order, Examples Of Alliteration In The Battle With Grendel, Articles C