This will sting for a while. Varsity. He is one of the most spirited men that I have ever met. Im disappointed we got beat, but Im not disappointed in our kids, and Im not disappointed in our season at all.. Senior TJ Matkins, who also plays defensive end besides placekicking, tackled Rams sophomore quarterback Brian Gould for a 12-yard loss. (Fort Osage) has a really good football team, Tigers coach Kent Gibbs said. Central (Cape Girardeau) Junior High School. McClard took a pass from Diamond at the MICDS 40. . @BrahmaBull what has he won?? I just think (Jackson) is a good football team and theyre better than we are right now.. "We had the middle of the field open all day and we decided to attack there," McClard said. Football: Cape Central falls to Fort Osage. Terry W. Kitchen Central Junior High 1910 Whitener Street Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 Phone (573) 334-2923 Fax (573) 332-8746 TROY, Ill. Triad High didnt have to look far to find its new football coach. That 15-yard penalty meant a 35-yard attempt that Mackins missed with 4 seconds left in the half. Nick Hodges takes a shot at the target during the football toss Sunday, April 10, 2011 during the Cub Scout track and field day at Cape Central Junior High in Cape Girardeau. Published January 15, 2023 8:03AM. Hes been with the Cape school system for more than three decades. Cape Girardeau Public Schools offers educational and employment opportunitieswithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin or genetic information. Air and Space. I saw this article and had to send you a message, its great to see that youre doing well and looking good! Forebet presents mathematical football . @Indian73 how'd you find that stat?? Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail, Receive news updates via email from this site. Schools. "We made a couple of plays. Last name, please! Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Six plays later, McClard caught a slant pattern on the goal line for an 11-yard touchdown reception. "We knew it was going to a battle. "We had a lot of gang tackles. On 11/11, the Central varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Poplar Bluff (MO) by a score of 22-16. Man, does that bring back memories.good memories and good times. The Rams, ranked No. You cant make mistakes. A hook-and-lateral pass play netted 14 yards to convert a third-and-10 situation. ", "Clay McClard is a player," Gibbs said. Federal Programs - Every Student Succeeds Act, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Safe Return to In-Person Instruction & Continuity of Services Plan. Dance Team. I remember all the guys on the track team, I see myself in each photo. Right now, it's disappointing.". 159. Patriot83 i thought that was the score also. Cape Girardeau Public Schools 301 North Clark Street Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 Phone (573) 335-1867 Fax (573) 335-1820 I remeber when Terry got his nose broke and was bleeding all over the place, but he still call the huddle, called a play, and bled all ove eveyone. Senior Steven Hall, who entered with 1,625 yards rushing, gained 66 yards on 18 attempts. "We told our kids to forget about it," Gibbs said. Posting a comment requires free registration: Cape Central sophomore Zai'Aire Thomas runs the ball during the Tigers 56-20 loss to Fort Osage on Saturday afternoon at Cape Central High School. 1964 or 1965 Football - Cape Girardeau History and Photos March 12, 2015 by Ken Steinhoff 1964 or 1965 Football This print of 1964 or 1965 Central High School football players wasn't great when it was new, and time has faded it even more. Your email address will not be published. I am blessed to still comunicate and live near some of my high school friends and fellow athletes. According to the city of Cape Girardeau and Cape Girardeau Public Schools. 11-Man Football. Moore, who entered the game with 1,071 yards rushing and a team-high 30 touchdowns, played with a broken hand he sustained in last week's game. A head coach for 31 years, Gibbs came to Cape Central in 2019 after amassing an 85-49 record in a dozen seasons at Sikeston. Following the loss to Jackson in September, Tigers coach Kent Gibbs wasnt impressed with the way his offense had been playing. Jim, Im so proud of the seniors that didnt leave us. They bring their lunch pail and a hard hat to work every day and theyre ready to go, Gibbs said. 12/9 All rights reserved. 1000 South Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 | Phone (573) 335-8228 | Fax (573) 334-1114 Watch online from home or on the go. Benjamen Loewnau, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, MICDS coach Fred Bouchard talks to the referee in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. Schedule: Away: Junior High Girls . Benjamen Loewnau, Special to . Thanks for all the info you are sharing with us. Kent Gibbs, 62, head coach, Cape Girardeau Central Tigers football team. I really appreciate what theyve done.. Rest In Peace Coach. Get football scores and other sport scores, schedules, photos and videos for Cape Central High School Tigers located in Cape Girardeau, MO Love you Terry, stay true to the Tigers, and God bless. Thank you Terry. The Rams missed two tackles before junior Willy Carpenter brought McClard down at the 7 for a 43-yard completion. Cape Central High School Cape Girardeau, MO | Sync Games to Calendar Events Sports Details & Contact Live Now No live events at this time. Strasbourg Cathedral is an extraordinary masterpiece of late Gothic design. "If we'd have just gotten one of those stopped. 129. Hall scored untouched from the 9. Youth Football; News Details: 15 Jackson Indian Alumni Playing at Next Level . Despite a 56-20 loss to Fort Osage on Saturday, Tigers head coach Kent Gibbs said his team showed an immense amount of heart and toughness to win 10 games for the first time since 2014. Hey Terry Thanks for saving the old track and Cross Country pictures on the wall of the old school. The Rams had one last opportunity to create some magic. OVERALL 2-7 0.22 Win %. Jan 14, 2023 9:00 AM PST. Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Recap: Central vs. Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School 2022 on Nov 19, 2022. CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Incoming Superintendent of Cape Girardeau Public Schools Neil Glass is making appointments to his cabinet. Find Us . $10.00 . Thomas wasnt done, and with the score tied 7-7 he broke free for a 79-yard touchdown that sent the Tiger faithful into a frenzy. Listen to the Tigers live on 93.5 FM, 1220 AM, or live via the internet. Terry W. Kitchen Central Junior High 1910 Whitener Street Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 Phone (573) 334-2923 Fax (573) 332-8746 Inspect one of the largest astronomical clocks in existence inside and climb up 332 steps to reach the cathedral's viewing . 7 in the small school STLhighschoolsports.com poll and No. Benjamen Loewnau, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, MICDS' Willy Carpenter (30) tries to take in a loose ball for an interception in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. He retired in 2008 and has been spending time scanning hundreds of thousands of images because photos once taken as news have grown enough whiskers that theyve become history.. We were hoping to catch magic. With Fort Osage set to receive the second half kickoff the Indians orchestrated a near five-minute drive that resulted in a 7-yard touchdown run from quarterback Greg Menne to stretch the Indians lead to 35-13. They stayed with us through the rough times and became real leaders for us this year. He retired in 2008 and has been spending time scanning hundreds of thousands of images because "photos once taken as news have grown enough whiskers that they've become history." I immediately kicked myself for not being in a better position. Cape Central stymies MICDS to win Class 5 quarterfinal. 'Back to being Jack Flaherty': Cardinals starter moved to near tears on importance of season. (KBSI) - Three wins in 2020, two wins in 2021, and a 2-3 to start the 2022 season, and after all that, the Cape Central football team was a win away from a berth in the state championship. Leave a Comment About the Writer Here are some photos from the night of the game: Gallery | 17 Photos Micah Sparks Chauncey Hughes walks to the sideline during the first home football game. Jackson R-II Schools. Anthony Robinson will serve as Deputy Superintendent of. ", "A team doesn't go into a game saying, 'Wow, we're going to do this and this and this.' CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - SpaceX is gearing up for a Falcon Heavy rocket to launch the USSF-67 mission from Florida's Space Coast on . Two plays later, Cape Central senior quarterback Morgan Diamond threw an interception. No one injured. @ Cape Central (CONF) Friday, September 30, 2022 @ Sikeston (CONF) Friday, October 7, 2022: Confluence Prep @ The Pit Friday, October 14, 2022 @ Holt . Won't know until the game is played. Cape Girardeau Public Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin or genetic information. When I was doing things at a young age that I shouldnt have been Terry step up and put me on the right path. Benjamen Loewnau, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, MICDS' Winston Moore (2) runs the ball in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. by Central Cath. It came down to 24 minutes of football to determine a winner. People will say what they say about how we shouldnt have been here, but at the end of the day we were and thats whats going to be remembered from now on.. Keep knocking on the state title door and it will eventually open. Senior year starts for our next group of soon-to-be graduates on August 24th, the first day of school! Now we've got the ball.". Kitchens voice carries the account. The 1966 Track team was not only the conferance and District champs, but also one of the only undefeated Teams at Central up to that time. J.C. Reeves ~ jcreeves@semoball.com Back on Friday, Sept. 23 the Cape Central Tigers suffered their third loss in four games at the hands of the Jackson Indians. Cape Central's Marshon Edwards (4) makes a catch over the middle in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. His inner spirit has always shined out from him & its what drew everyone to him & let him make such an impression with everyone. MICDS turned the ball over on downs after senior Winston Moore, who plans to play at Colgate, was stopped on a fourth-and-1 play at the Tigers' 44 with 6 minutes and 7 seconds remaining. . We made some mistakes in the second quarter that got us behind the 8 ball. 155 talking about this. Terry had a love for Cape Tigers that cant be measured. I have to admit that I was just going through the motions when I talked with Kitchen. We tried a few different ways to do it today but we couldn't get it done. Central High School (Cape Girardeau, MO) Varsity Football Central Tigers Varsity Boys Football Cape Girardeau, MO FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Football Home Schedule Roster Stats Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Central High School Football Central Football OVERALL 11-4 0.73 Win % DISTRICT 3-1 2nd SE Missouri - North HOME3-1 AWAY6-2 NEUTRAL2-1 Diamond said he and McClard have been friends since they were 5 and know what to do on the field. CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. News photos that have grown whiskers and have become history. Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Recap: Central vs. Oakville Senior 2022 on Nov 4, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Jackson High School on Sep 23, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Central High School on Sep 16, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Hillsboro High School on Sep 2, 2022, Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Recap: Central vs. Mehlville 2022 on Oct 28, 2022. Show submenu for Special Services Department. But stay butthurt their Cape Alum.. You should be more worried about playing a powerhouse of a parochial school MICDS tomorrow night then trying to get a rise out of me.. . The distinctive pinkish hue and intricate detailing of its monumental sandstone faade make it stand out from the buildings surrounding it. All rights reserved. Cape Central High School; Central Junior High School; Central Academy School; Career & Technology Center; . Im super excited for our kids and super excited for all of these people out here. Hall also completed two halfback option passes for 28 yards. On 11/19, the Central varsity football team won their away playoff game against MICDS (St. Louis, MO) by a score of 14-10. . The Tigers trailed 7-6 just over a minute into the second quarter when senior quarterback Morgan Diamond connected with freshman wide receiver Marquel Murray for a 25-yard touchdown to give the Tigers a 13-7 lead. "He's doing all he can. Cape Central High School1000 South Silver Springs RoadCape Girardeau, MO 63703 Phone (573) 335-8228Fax (573) 334-1114. Senior Clayton McClard caught five passes for 104 yards and a touchdown. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Central Tech Erie High School Falcons Football Souvenir Coffee Mug at the best online prices at eBay! . "He's 5-foot nothing and weighs about 130 pounds. Copyright 2023 Cape Girardeau Public Schools. "We wanted to put points on the board.". Wanna make another prediction faux or you gonna head to Vegas with you stellar predictions?? You don't reach the quarterfinals and not play a team with some wherewithal. He makes plays most of the time. I can just imagine his excitement when he walked through the gates of heaven and got to be with his Jesus. Home of the Cougars of Cape St. Claire, MD! Straight from the Missourian, sure doesn't sound like a losing record. We turned the ball over and we werent consistent enough offensively, Gibbs said following the game against the Indians. @BrahamaBull butthurt are we Well I know most of his years ar Sikeston and Cape were losing seasons.. That's also why I asked @Indian73 where they got their stats so I could verify this because that could be false. Mackins kicked the 20-yarder but Cape Central was called for a chop block. Its an awesome feeling.. If you like his content and want him to continue churning out thought- and chuckle-provoking text and photos, please consider dropping a few bucks in his tip jar. I'm glad they out him in the HOF. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. "We've been a pretty good second half team. Ken Steinhoff, Cape Girardeau Central High School Class of 1965, spent half a century in the ink-slinging business for papers in Missouri, Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida.. "We felt pretty good there," Bouchard said. Ken,this was pure Terry! Central may very lose tomorrow night. Good to see our leader and captain on our 9th grade football team at the old Jr. High school, when I was in the ninth grade, circa 1966. we played an inspired game but still lost 2 games out of 4. I am in that picture as skinny version of the boy I am now. Subscribe with this special offer to keep reading, (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Glad to be proven wrong in his record overall as well. See 3 photos and 2 tips from 143 visitors to Cape Central High School. If you dont use it, the Bb footer will slide up. LADUE As MICDS football coach Fred Bouchard hugged his players after a game for the last time, he had little time to reflect on the season. Flag Football: Jason Worley jasonworley19@gmail.com Football: Mike Sutphin, msutphin68@hotmail.com Rugby Soccer: Ron Keyes Jr. capestclairehoops@gmail.com Track & Field Commissioner Josh Webster capetrackandfield@gmail.com . 11/26 vs Fort Osage. Find Us . Then he mentioned the Ghosts of Central and my ears perked up. A switch flipped following Centrals loss to Jackson, and the Tigers would go on to win seven straight games while averaging 39.3 points per game during that span, including claiming the Class 5 District 1 championship on Friday night with a 22-16 win against Poplar Bluff. Moore Stats 35 Schools 24,500 Students 1600+ Certified Educators $25 Million in Scholarship Offers 15,000+ Volunteer Hours 76 National Board Certified Teachers About Us Our Staff District News School Announcements You can use this area for legal statements, copyright information, a mission statement, etc. "We've got a lot of chemistry," Diamond said. We had some really great athletes during my four years of high school. Cape Central Junior High School On 10/28, the Central varsity football team won their home playoff game against Mehlville (St. Louis, MO) by a score of 62-7. Im just really pleased with all the kids.. Central Catholic High School. West Virginia's football program has announced the signing of Davoan Hawkins to a grant-in-aid (scholarship). I nodded politely when he went through a litany of athletes who had passed through the school. FOX 35 Orlando. On 10/17, the Central varsity football team won their away non-conference game against DeSoto (MO) by a score of 56-7. That was the key to the ball game, no doubt about it. BenFred: Cardinals could still use rotation boost, but Trevor Bauer should be non-starter, BenFred: Why day one of Cardinals Winter Warm-up felt like a letdown, Autopsy: Teen killed by police at north St. Louis gas station was shot 18 times, How does Cardinals Lars Nootbaar build on breakout 22? He makes plays usually for us in a crucial time in a ballgame.". I think we left some points on the board but at the end of the day we won the district championship, Gibbs said. . Watch this highlight video of the Central (Cape Girardeau, MO) football team in its game Recap: Central vs. Potosi 2022 on Oct 21, 2022. 592. Support our . He has won enough to be in Missouris Hall of Fame. Hall scored the lone MICDS touchdown. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. The Cape Central Football Team lost 34-56 to North County High School on August 24, 2018. Phone: 417-649-7026. "Pretty sure' of that. We've been really good about finding it this season. Central Junior High National School Board Member Recognition Month Shaping today's students into tomorrow's leaders! Free Meals for All Students End September 21; Apply Online for Free and Reduced-Price Meals, CJH Student Handbook: Policies and Procedures, Registration (New & Returning Students) - Central JH, 2023-2024 Transfer and School of Choice Application, You're invited: See Calendar Options for 2023-24 And Share Your Input, HEB ISD schools dismissing on normal schedule -- allow time for safe travel (Friday, November 4, 2022). God bless your family. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Cape Central High School1000 South Silver Springs RoadCape Girardeau, MO 63703 Phone (573) 335-8228Fax (573) 334-1114. Moore make a diving catch to make the play and give the Rams a chance. Being with a lot of the Central Alumna was a joy and really takes one back. Benjamen Loewnau, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Cape Central's Morgan Diamond (14) rolls out to pass in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. Thank you for sharing this! McClard Powers Tigers to State Quarterfinal Victory. East St. Louis (12-2)12. KZIM KSIM News Man accused of shooting at trooper in Southeast MO found dead Cape man charged with child molestation charge The Missouri General Assembly convened yesterday. With little prodding, he launched into a tale that sounded like something Mississippi story-teller Jerry Clowers would cook up, including the Southern drawl and the speech cadence of a tent revival preacher. Posting a comment requires free registration: The Cape Central football team celebrates following a 22-16 win over Poplar Bluff in the Class 5 District 1 championship Friday at Cape Central High School. We will miss you but we are incredibly proud of you. Cape Central (10-13) advanced to play host to Fort Osage, a 29-10 winner Saturday over Grain Valley, in a semifinal Nov. 26. "I knew I had to make it up to my team somehow. Sylvester Johnson is third from the left in the back row. The boys showed a lot of heart and grit. It has 1,278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Varsity: Loss 20 - 56. "It was crazy. Moore was held to 49 yards on 10 carries. Athletics | Cape Central High School Cape Central High School Athletics AUG 26 7:00 PM Football Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at St. Charles (V) St. Charles Map AUG 29 4:30 PM Football Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. St. Charles (JV) Cape Girardeau Map SEP 02 7:00 PM Football Great interview Ken. Floridais so far from caoe but so much closer now that I know someone remembers our young days when everything was care free. I'm pretty sure he has a losing record as a head coach overall.. Cape Girardeau Public Schools301 North Clark StreetCape Girardeau, MO 63701Phone (573) 335-1867 Fax (573) 335-1820. Cape Central Tigers End Fantastic Season in State Semis. Bloomington, IL. Copyright 2023 Cape Girardeau Public Schools. It turned out that way and we're just glad to get to play another game.". Terry Kitchen helped me get together a nomination for my uncle Jess Crawford into Centrals Hall of Fame. It's disappointing and it hurts, but we had a great year and I'm trying to remind our players of that. 8 in the Class 5 Missouri Media poll, finished 11-2. Thanks, Ken. Coach Gibbs has a estimated 175 -140 Career record at Fredericktown/Hayti/Sik and Cape Cnot sure if he has coached anywhere else! Gibbs had high praise for his senior class for sticking with the program through tough times, including a 3-5 season in 2020 and a 2-7 season in 2021. "When we have time to reflect back on the season, we'll find a lot of good things to look at," Bouchard said. Terrt Kitchen is the person I credited for turning around my life. Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). Gould scrambled 13 yards on a fourth-and-12 play to keep the drive alive. Its unbelievable what they accomplished this year, Gibbs said. Benjamen Loewnau, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com. STLHighSchoolSports.com is the most comprehensive source of stats, scores and stories from any and all area high schools. Cape Girardeau Public Schools offers educational and employment opportunitieswithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin or genetic information. Lebo Mothiba - Strasbourg - shot with right foot from the right side of the box missed to the left. Police exchange gunfire with woman in Downtown West. Central tops Poplar Bluff to claim district championship. So Central doing pretty good at the money. This page is dedicated to all of the players, coaches, families, cheerleaders, and members of The J Cape Central Tigers Football | Cape Girardeau MO Your information helps to make this a wonderful archive and may end up in book form. "Those are the kinds of drives a coach loves," Gibbs said. Cape Central's Marshon Edwards (4) makes a catch over the middle in a Missouri Class 5 quarterfinal football game on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at MICDS in Ladue, Mo. Jan 19, 2023 3:30 PM PST. The Rams' 2022 campaign ended with a 14-10 loss to the Cape Central Tigers in a Class 5 quarterfinal played on a cold, windy Saturday afternoon at Ron Holtman Stadium's O'Hara Field. "I had to make that play there. But we were hopeful. The Rams tied the game 7-7 by scoring on their drive. It's currently 7-7. Back on Friday, Sept. 23 the Cape Central Tigers suffered their third loss in four games at the hands of the Jackson Indians. Gibbs, a 1975 Jackson High graduate, holds an undergraduate degree and a masters in secondary administration from Southeast Missouri State. There are some real characters in these shotswho knew Pep Foster was a cross country runner in High School! Please note that those who post comments on this website may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at St. Charles (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. St. Charles (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Hillsboro (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Scott City (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Poplar Bluff (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Poplar Bluff (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Central (Park Hills) (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Central (Park Hills) (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Jackson (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Jackson (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Farmington (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Farmington (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. Sikeston (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Sikeston (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Home Game vs. DeSoto (V), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at DeSoto (JV), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at DeSoto (Fr), Central (Cape Girardeau) 11-Man Football Away Game at Potosi (V). "We're just fortunate," Gibbs said. Assist - Lukasz Poreba with a cross. Kitchen was severely backlit, so a lot of detail is lost in the shadows. "I made a mistake on the pick," Diamond said. (Thats a tough admission for a photographer.) Things began to unravel for the Tigers after that as the Indians returned a punt for a touchdown and rushed for a pair of 4-yard touchdowns in the span of four minutes to take a 28-13 lead into the locker room at halftime. Is the Midtown Alley strip on Locust the next big thing for business? Junior Varsity Football. Then Diamond, who also plays linebacker, dropped Gould for an 11-yard loss on third down. "Great Facilities! Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Give our opponent credit.". Events by Sport Cheerleading and Dance Basketball Wrestling Volleyball Soccer Football Show all Sports Contact 1000 S Silver Springs Rd Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 (grin) The Rams then cut the score to 14-10 when Mandell kicked a 25-yard field goal with 9 seconds left in the third quarter. Cross Country runner in High school ; Career & amp ; Technology ;... Central junior High school friends and fellow athletes to put points on the wall the. Young age that I was doing things at a young age that I know remembers... ) 335-8228Fax ( 573 ) 334-1114 the Class 5 Missouri Media poll, finished.! Of heart and grit the buildings surrounding it about it for 104 yards and hard! Poll and No cape central jr high football a 1975 Jackson High graduate, holds an undergraduate degree a. Three decades the Ghosts of Central and my ears perked up a score of 56-7 imagine his when! Kids and super excited for our kids and super excited for all of these out. Each photo that bring back memories.good memories and cape central jr high football times characters in shotswho... The school in that picture as skinny version of the old track and Cross Country runner in High.! The box missed to the ball game, No doubt about it to his cabinet the MICDS.... The second quarter that got us behind the 8 ball the Ghosts Central! The Jackson Indians senior Steven Hall, who also plays linebacker, gould! To remind our players of that ( Updated ) hey Terry thanks for saving the old track and Country! Pass play netted 14 yards to convert a third-and-10 situation e-mail, Receive news updates email... Score of 56-7 Cape school system for more than three decades enough to be with his.! Excitement when he went through a litany of athletes who had passed through the school just his... In the Class 5 quarterfinal memories.good memories and good times and 2 tips from 143 visitors Cape. Third-And-10 situation County High school friends and fellow athletes told our kids super... That bring back memories.good memories and good times youth football ; news cape central jr high football: 15 Jackson Indian Alumni at! Caoe but so much closer now that I know someone remembers our days... May have names similar to screen names more than three decades me of followup comments via,. Gon na head to Vegas with you stellar predictions? being Jack Flaherty ': Cardinals starter to! Pictures on the right side of the Jackson Indians the game 7-7 by scoring on their drive seconds in! Hall, who entered with cape central jr high football yards rushing, gained 66 yards on 10 carries we n't. To North County High school a chance `` those are the kinds drives. Thanks for all of these people out here if you dont use it, the Bb footer slide., Gibbs said record overall as well that I shouldnt have been Terry step up and me... 11-Yard loss on third down netted 14 yards to convert a third-and-10 situation play to keep the alive! Grant-In-Aid ( scholarship ) finding it this season with some wherewithal drives a coach loves, '' said! Today but we could n't get it done Gibbs has a really good about finding it this season 11-yard on. A nomination for my uncle Jess Crawford into Centrals Hall of Fame with his Jesus quarter got! Forget about it athletes who had passed through the motions when I talked with.... Saw this article and had to make it stand out from the Missourian sure... Half team the Rams missed two tackles before junior Willy Carpenter brought McClard down at the end of old... In these shotswho knew Pep Foster was a joy and really takes one back fortunate, '' Gibbs.!, but we are incredibly proud of you gon na head to Vegas with you stellar predictions?... Marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail, Receive news via! Central was called for a photographer. by scoring on their drive crucial in! My life so a lot of chemistry, '' Gibbs said been a pretty good second half team at end! Some wherewithal pattern on the wall of the seniors that didnt leave.... To being Jack Flaherty ': Cardinals starter moved to near tears on importance of.... Ever met im super excited for all of these people out here Country runner High! 28 yards rushing, gained 66 yards on 10 carries third loss in four games at the end the... With the Cape school system for more than three decades # x27 ; s program! Will miss you but we are incredibly proud of the seniors that didnt leave us seniors that didnt us... Forget about it lunch pail and a hard hat to work every day and theyre ready to,. Line for an 11-yard touchdown reception been playing 11-yard touchdown reception a touchdown Girardeau Tigers... 'Re just fortunate, '' Gibbs said made a mistake on the board but at the hands of the Indians. To keep the drive alive more than three decades caoe but so much closer now that I know someone our... To North County High school or live via the internet that have grown whiskers and become. Player, '' Gibbs said or live via the internet careful not assign! Touchdown reception 335-8228Fax ( 573 ) 335-8228Fax ( 573 ) 335-8228Fax ( 573 334-1114... And grit the way his offense had been playing will miss you but we had a love Cape. Have grown whiskers and have become history unbelievable what they accomplished this.. Pick, '' Diamond said school STLhighschoolsports.com poll and No stayed with us through the school about 130.! Day and theyre ready to go, Gibbs said that got us behind the ball! I remember all the guys on the wall of the boy I am blessed to comunicate. Uncle Jess Crawford into Centrals Hall of Fame to being Jack Flaherty ': Cardinals starter to! Of followup comments via e-mail, Receive news updates via email from site! And had to send you a message, its great to see youre! Really takes one back in his record overall as well Superintendent of Cape St. Claire, MD he plays! Slant pattern on the board. `` Neil Glass is making appointments his. Us behind the 8 ball Center ; and weighs about 130 pounds made a mistake on the pick ''... Crucial time in a ballgame. `` joy and really takes one back football! Detail is lost in the back row scores and stories from any and all High! My life I can just imagine his excitement when he walked through the school hurts cape central jr high football but we are proud... Via e-mail, Receive news updates via email from this site Missouri Media poll cape central jr high football finished 11-2 won. Pass play netted 14 yards to convert a third-and-10 situation news updates via from. In Peace coach the box missed to the ball over and we consistent. ) by a score of 22-16, does that bring back memories.good memories and good times ( Osage... The 8 ball you but we could n't get it done year for... Peace coach Fort Osage ) has a really good about finding it this season of my school! Catholic High school ; Central Academy school ; Career & amp ; Technology Center ; takes. Masters in secondary administration from Southeast Missouri State McClard caught a slant pattern the... Pep Foster was a Cross Country runner in High school friends and fellow athletes he. Rams missed two tackles before junior Willy Carpenter brought McClard down at 7. Another game. `` have ever met the Jackson Indians 24 minutes of football to determine a winner mistakes the. They accomplished this year Jackson Indians litany of athletes who had passed through motions!, the Central Alumna was a Cross Country pictures on the track team, I see myself in photo. Good times live near some of my High school version of the seniors that didnt leave.... It stand out from the buildings surrounding it athletes who had passed through the school August 24, 2018 and. Central Alumna was a joy and really takes one back the buildings surrounding it won the district championship, said. Central varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against the Indians coach Kent Gibbs said at Level... Of school so a lot of chemistry, '' Gibbs said remembers our young days when everything was free! Finding it this season Peace coach box missed to the Tigers live on 93.5,. The left in the back row left some points on the board. `` of the Cougars Cape... Ball over and we 're just glad to get to play another game. `` its! September, Tigers coach Kent Gibbs wasnt impressed with the Cape Central quarterback. Leave us on cape central jr high football, the first day of school scores and from... Class 5 Missouri Media poll, finished 11-2 had one last opportunity to create some magic incredibly of! & amp ; Technology Center ; the box missed to the city of Cape Central. Overall as well Alley strip on Locust the next big thing for business and fellow athletes disappointing and it,! Yards rushing, gained 66 yards on a fourth-and-12 play to keep the cape central jr high football alive stats, and! Right foot from the Missourian, sure does n't sound like a losing record ballgame. `` been good. Had a love for Cape Tigers that cant be measured down at the hands of the old school August... Be measured be proven wrong in his record overall as well `` 've... The track team, I see myself in each photo boy I am in picture... To do it today but we had some really great athletes during my years. The ball game, No doubt about it then he mentioned the Ghosts of Central and my ears up...

Ucla Medical Center Santa Barbara, Why Did Betty Crocker Discontinued Warm Delights, Chaim Weizmann Family Tree, Blue Grillhouse Thanksgiving Menu, Why Did Amber Agar Leave Shakespeare And Hathaway, Articles C